The Good-morrow早安
原著:John Donne 胡瀚平譯
I wonder by my troth, what thou and I
我真納悶:你我相愛之前在幹什麼?
Did, till we lov'd? Were we not wean'd till then,
是的,直到相愛前,似嬰孩未斷奶般嗷嗷待哺,莫非我們
But suck'd on country pleasures, childishly?
只知吮吸鄉間之樂,像童真的孩子一般?
I wonder by my troth, what thou and I
我真納悶:你我相愛之前在幹什麼?
Did, till we lov'd? Were we not wean'd till then,
是的,直到相愛前,似嬰孩未斷奶般嗷嗷待哺,莫非我們
But suck'd on country pleasures, childishly?
只知吮吸鄉間之樂,像童真的孩子一般?
Or snorted we in the seven sleeper's den?
或者是共同鼾睡在七個睡眠者的山洞?
'Twas so; but this, all pleasures fancies be.
確實如此;就這樣,所有歡樂都只是虛假。
If ever any beauty I did see,
如果我見過,追求並獲得過美,
Which I desir'd, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee.
那全都是渴慕——且僅僅是——夢中的你。
And now good morrow to our waking souls,
現在向我們甦醒的靈魂道聲早安,
Which watch not one another out of fear;
看不到你我的恐懼,兩個靈魂互相信賴,毋須警戒;
For love, all love of other sights controls,
因為愛控制了對其他景色的愛,
And makes one little room, an everywhere.
將小小房間綴化成大千世界。
Let sea-discoverers to new worlds have gone,
讓航海家去航向發現之旅吧,
Let maps to other, worlds on worlds have shown,
讓無數世界的輿圖將別人誘惑,
Let us possess one world, each hath one, and is one.
我們卻自成世界又互相擁有,我們是一。
My face in thine eye, thine in mine appears,
我映在你眼裏,你映在我眼裏,
And true plain hearts do in the faces rest;
兩張臉上現出真誠坦蕩的心。
Where can we find two better hemispheres,
那裏還能找到兩個更好的半球啊?
Without sharp north, without declining west?
沒有嚴酷的北,沒有墜沉的西,
Whatever dies, was not mix'd equally;
論到死亡,都屬調和失當所致,
【無論誰先離去,都是那樣不公平】
If our two loves be one, or, thou and I
如果我倆的愛合二為一,或你我
Love so alike, that none do slacken, none can die
愛得如此一致,那就不至稍減,誰也不會死。